If you would like to control the language for the customer on the PayPal login page you will find the options in the next section. Below we list the sequence of checks at PayPal and how to influence the language accordingly.
- The user cookie is primary with PayPal, if this is set it overwrites everything (if the browser language is German, then this always has priority).
- The parameter Localcode - Parameter Language on Paygate - with a 5 digit ISO code (fr_FR)
- The parameter ShipToCountry from the delivery address (if a delivery address is transferred)
- The parameter Localcode - Parameter Language on Paygate - with a 2 digit ISO code (FR)
- The country code of the PayPal account.
Please note that point 5 takes place when the customer has logged into his PayPal account. At this point, the language can no longer be actively controlled.